Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 23rd - Lion King/prince charming/indian food

I got up early and started getting Paul's stuff organized. Yuan went to pick him up at the airport and they got back around noon. We got a few things done around Stamford and headed into the city.


Paul told me we were going to walk around New York and have supper with Shabad (his old roommate) you would remember Shabad if you went on the "Small Town Bar Tour!" We walked around Battery Park, 5th Avenue, I played on the life sized piano at FAO Toy Store and then he told me he had a surprise for me...


The Lion King!


It was a fantastic show! The costumes, actors, actresses, music... I loved it. I don't think Paul enjoyed it quite as much as I did, he prefers the opera and La' Boheme!
The show got over around 10pm and we headed over to Shabad's place to hangout and have supper with him, his roommate and parents. His parents are visiting from Mumbai, India. They are taking advantage of the recession and getting some great travel deals. We had a fantastic time with them. Shabads mom is a great cook - I love Indian food. A little spicy, but some plain yogurt really tames it down. His dad is hilarious! He reminds me A LOT of Shabad. Hopefully someday we can go to India to visit:-)

We walked around New York a little before we headed to Grand Central, took one last drink of NYC and headed home... I think I'll miss the city and I never even lived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment